Thursday 11 October 2007

shame

It's been a while, and I'm sorry. We went to Wellington (on which more in another post when I do the photos). Then we left the computer's power cable in Wellington. And we've been waiting for it to be mailed back to us. So, not a lot of juice left, but I have to share with you quickly my shame from yesterday.

I don't go to Starbucks often. There are local coffee and tea places with good, regular tea that's called "tea". A couple of them even make chai, though not with tea leaves like in Saskatoon or at home, just with chai powder, which is okay. And they call it "chai".

Anyway, for one reason or another, yesterday we went to Starbucks. And now I feel sort of deflated and as if I need a wash. Aside from the fact that it's Starbucks, there is all the following to contend with:
1. My drink was named a "blackberry green tea frappucino (with the copyright mark) blended cream" which meant it took longer to say than to drink. This has got to be the epitome of crazy Starbucks names.
2. It was made with green tea powder and blackberry syrup, so it saw neither real tea nor a real blackberry in the making. It was bright green.
3. Although I did not have a pile of whipped cream on the top, they still gave it to me in a takeout plastic cup with one of those balloon-shaped tops they have for protecting your pile of whipped cream.
4. I drank it with a plastic straw that had been wrapped (though, at least, in paper).
5. The whole thing cost more than six dollars. (although obviously, six bucks NZ is about 50 cents Canadian or US; still, that is the most ridiculous amount I've ever handed over for a drink of tea; in fact, a drink of any kind).

and
6. It tasted pretty good.

I'll be over here, wallowing in my shame.

No comments: