Friday 14 December 2007

once more with passion

I know I said I don't much go to Starbucks. But let's just say today I did. We kept the bookstore open late, and the local cafe people round the corner close at five, so the green medusa-lady beckoned me. That makes twice this year.

I eschewed this time the monster fluffity tea-a-cino, instead opting for a sensible small "Shaken Iced Tea Lemonade" (god forbid they should just call it "iced tea"). Anyway, thinking I had got away with it, I was then faced with having to answer "Do you want Passion or Zen?" It was with some trepidation that I had to ask what was the difference between them. But the absolutely straight-faced, quite serious answer made my whole day; maybe my whole week:

"One comes with passion. And the other comes with zen."

I went for passion.

It was pink. Which is exactly what colour you expect from ICED TEA.

If I ever consider going there again, please will someone shake some sense into me?

No comments: