Friday 23 March 2007

B-day

Ask me why I'm feeling good.

...

Because today is B-Day: the first day of the year on which I got back on my Bike!!!

The temperature is plus, the snow is melting, and this morning I pumped up the tyres, dusted off the saddle and headed off into the sunshine. I only needed one incident to reacquaint myself with the incompatibility nexus of the bicycle tyre and the icy patch, and then I was on my way.

I'm feeling so good that I am now sipping a smoothie that I made from fruit that's been in the freezer all winter, and enjoying it. I also enjoyed ripping out the scarf I started knitting last night with the one remaining feel-good skein from the original sweater nightmare, on the strength of some knitty stitchy friends' advice that I should use bigger needles. (Hence no photo of any knitting today). In a few moments, I will enjoy beginning it all over again.

It's B-Day, and Spring is just around the corner.

No comments: